Monday, June 22, 2009

Personality Types (MBTI)

Ok, so I'm still obsessed with the personality type test. It's a personality test based on four letters with each having two possible types. I'll use mine as an example. INFJ. The first letter, I, means introverted. This means that I get my energy from alone time and within blah blah blah, not from my environment. The opposite is extrovert, which is common sense. The next letter means "intuitive." This means that I primarily rely on my intuition to guide myself through life and to solve problems. You know, stuff like that. The opposite of this is "Sensing." A sensing individual is more likely to use their senses as guides through life rather than intuition. I don't know much about this one, so here's a definition.
  • Mentally live in the Now, attending to present opportunities

  • Using common sense and creating practical solutions is automatic-instinctual

  • Memory recall is rich in detail of facts and past events

  • Best improvise from past experience

  • Like clear and concrete information; dislike guessing when facts are "fuzzy

Ok, now I'm getting lazy so I'll just copy/paste everything.
The third letter, F, represents feelinng.
  • Instinctively employ personal feelings and impact on people in decision situations

  • Naturally sensitive to people needs and reactions.

  • Naturally seek consensus and popular opinions.

  • Unsettled by conflict; have almost a toxic reaction to disharmony.

The opposite of that is T, thinking.
  • Instinctively search for facts and logic in a decision situation.

  • Naturally notices tasks and work to be accomplished.

  • Easily able to provide an objective and critical analysis.

  • Accept conflict as a natural, normal part of relationships with people.

The next one is J, which means Judging. People like this (me) do the following...
  • Plan many of the details in advance before moving into action.

  • Focus on task-related action; complete meaningful segments before moving on.

  • Work best and avoid stress when able to keep ahead of deadlines.

  • Naturally use targets, dates and standard routines to manage life.

The opposite of this is P, Perceiving...
  • Comfortable moving into action without a plan; plan on-the-go.

  • Like to multitask, have variety, mix work and play.

  • Naturally tolerant of time pressure; work best close to the deadlines.

  • Instinctively avoid commitments which interfere with flexibility, freedom and variety

I think this shit is pretty cool because mine describes me very well and has helped me more in defining myself and working to figure out life.

All these letters have varying intensities for each individual, so the exact meaning is rather fluid. My personality test confirmed that I am strongly an INFJ. I=44%, N=100%, F=77%, J=63%

look yours up and give input next time i see you...or on here!

No comments: